I currently use Intelligent Nutrients Hair Shine to add gloss to my hair. However, I recently read the label and the first ingredient is alcohol?? and it is no longer for sale on the company's website so it's highly unlikely that this product is adding health to my hair (but it does smell heavenly).
Luckily I found a natural concoction for hair that is strong and shiny. This infused oil utilizes nutrient-dense nettle, revitalizing rosemary, and soothing fresh aloe, in a base of strengthening coconut and jojoba oils to keep hair of any length luscious and healthy.
- 1 cup dried nettle leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup aloe gel (or 1 large aloe leaf)
- 2 cups jojoba oil
- 2 cups coconut oil
- large mason jar w/lid
- essential oils (optional)
- Chop the herbs as finely as possible and add to a large mason jar.
- Cover herbs completely with the coconut and jojoba oil.
- Scrape the inside of a large aloe leaf to remove all of the gel. If you choose to use purchased aloe gel make sure there are minimal added ingredients and no! alcohol. Add this to the mixture.
- Cover jar with a tight fitting lid and shake.
- Leave in sun for three to four days, shake daily.
- After mixture is solar infused, strain out herbs using a cheesecloth. Add a few drops essential oil to liquid mixture if desired. Store in glass jar.
- Use weekly: massage a generous amount into your scalp for about two to three minutes, coating hair strands completely from root to tips. Comb through and put your hair into a braid. Sleep overnight with the oil in your hair and then was as normal in the morning.
- Enjoy the compliments.