Clean Spring Cleaning (Part Two)
Lemon Cedar Dust Spray and Wood Polish
Removes dust from wood surfaces and keeps bugs at bay
- 2 cups distilled water
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Spray bottle: glass, 16 oz.
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 8 drops cedarwood essential oil
Using the funnel, pour water, white vinegar, and olive oil into a spray bottle. Twist on spray nozzle and shake well to combine. Uncap and add the essential oils. Cap the bottle and shake again. Shake lightly before each use. Spray a small amount onto a cloth and apply.
All-Purpose Surface Cleaner
- 2 oz. distilled water
- 6 oz. distilled white vinegar
- Spray bottle: glass, 8-oz.
- 8 drops thieves essential oil
- 4 drops lemon essential oil
Using a funnel, pour water and vinegar into a spray bottle. Remove the funnel and add the essential oils. Shake well to combine. Shake prior to each use.
Polishing Bath and Shower Scrub
Do not use on marble, granite, or wood.
- Small glass mixing bowl
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 1 TB. liquid castille soap
- 2 TB. water
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops lemon essential oil
- Airtight container, glass, 8-oz.
In glass bowl, combine baking soda, liquid castile soap, and water. Stir to combine until a thick mixture forms. Add the essential oils and stir once more to blend thoroughly. The scrub will be a soft paste, if it's not add more water or baking soda to adjust the consistency. Dip a soft-bristle brush into the scrub and apply to desired surface. Rinse with water and wipe with a damp cloth.
Lemon Vanilla Linen Spray
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
- Atomizer bottle: glass, 5-oz.
- 1 tsp. lemon essential oil
- 1/2 tsp. clear vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup distilled water
Pour rubbing alcohol into an atomizer bottle. Add the essential oil and vanilla extract. Pour distilled water into the mixture and replace the lid. Shake to combine. Apply to drapes, rugs, throw pillows, throw blankets, comforters, even the shower curtain.