the best thing I ever ate: peach bruschetta with goat cheese, basil, and rosemary-infused honey
I've probably said my favorite season is fall but that was a lie. My favorite season is peach season.
This bruschetta appetizer is amazing, hands down the best thing I ate all day today ;)
- 1 baguette
- Olive oil
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 3 ripe peaches- sliced into wedges
- 10-15 basil leaves – chopped
- Slice baguette into ½ inch slices at a diagonal. Brush both sides with olive oil and grill on a bbq. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese and goat cheese in a bowl and let warm on the counter until just barley soft enough to combine easily with a fork. Mix with a fork until smooth. Incorporate chopped basil until evenly distributed.
- Spread a little of the cheese mixture on each bruschetta and top with peach wedges. Garnish with a few basil ribbons, then drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with cracked pepper.
**Note: To infuse honey, place a cup or so of honey in a small pot on the stove, add a few sprigs of rosemary ( or thyme, sage, or lavender) and warm on medium heat. Once it comes to a gentle simmer, add a couple teaspoons of water, gently stir, turn heat off and let the herbs marinate in the honey, at room temp for a few hours, or overnight. Place in a squeezy bottle. Once cooled, if honey seems too thick, rewarm and stir in more water.